First class legroom on every flight
Sleepypod Air is the only airline approved pet carrier that redefines in-cabin pet travel. Air adapts to the various under-seat storage requirements set by different airlines while providing maximum comfort for your jet set pet.
Worrying about buying a cat carrier or a dog carrier that will not fit under a plane seat is a thing of the past. Our patent pending folding system allows pets to travel in the largest space possible while the airplane is in the air, yet still allows for stowage under an airline seat. When the captain says you can recline your seat, rotate the Sleepypod Air so it is between your feet and then expand the ends so both you and your little friend can stretch out comfortably for the duration of the flight. In-cabin pet travel has never been so comfortable.
Meets major airline carry-on pet regulations by being able to compress in length from 22" to 19" when one side is compressed, or 16" when both sides are compressed. See our tips and tricks page for all the details and links to the major airlines' official requirements.
The ends are designed to expand when there is nothing blocking them. Once compressed, the ends of Sleepypod Air remain in a flexed position with the airline seat frame serving as its barrier; the ends fold down automatically to fill the available space.Compressing Sleepypod Air for the first time:
- Before using Sleepypod Air with a pet inside, it is important to compress the ends a few times as they will be "fresh from the factory" stiff.
- Zip the Sleepypod Air so it is entirely closed and at full length. Hold the carrier lengthwise with your thumbs on the ends and the rest of your fingers under the Sleepypod Air. Apply pressure and compress the Sleepypod Air from this position. Three inches from each end you will feel a ridge on the bottom. This is the point where the Sleepypod Air will flex. The first compression of the ends will require a little extra force; thereafter, the ends of the Sleepypod Air will be pliant.
Top and ends are easy breathing dark mesh that opens for easy access. Pass through pocket to secure to telescoping handle on pullmans. Large zipper pockets on both sides provide space for your pet's essential in-flight items.
Straps on both sides allow you to secure the Sleepypod Air in your car. Visit our safety page for more information about our commitment to your pet's safety.
The stylish Sleepypod Air will be available in five crowd pleasing colors:
The Sleepypod Mini Warmer Kit can be installed in the pocket of the bedding. An access hole lets the cord out through the bottom zipper on the back.
The plush cover on the removable foam bed is machine washable. The coated exterior and interior fabric is easily cleaned with a damp cloth.
For longer trips we offer DryFur, a disposable pad.
Sleepypod's vision is to create innovative, well-designed, and functional products for pets that complement modern, on-the-go lifestyles.
Make the Most of your Sleepypod Air with these Accessories
Sleepypod Air in the media
- "Your feline will be the envy of all the other furry frequent fliers when he kicks back in this airline-approved pet carrier at 10,000 feet. Don't worry, there's plenty of legroom!" -Peoplepets.com "This Rolls Royce of pet carriers meets major airline carry-on pet regulations by being able to compress in length from 22" to 16" -Dwell: At Home in the Modern World
- Ottawa Dog Blog " The inside of the Sleepypod Air has a plush bottom and a cozy den-like atmosphere. When I opened it up on our first morning together, I expected Sonnet to dart right out, instead, she blinked at me with sleepy eyes and remained curled up in her crate.
- The Sleepypod Air pet carrier is designed to make travel easy"
- Green Wala.com "This is a multifunctional dog carrier that comes in several lovely colors. The Sleepypod Air is unique in that it conforms to the size of the aircraft you are on. It also serves as a "car seat," and a crate, perfect for hotel rooms and home.
- Our dog loved it immediately. She was happy to go inside and make herself comfortable, knowing right away it was for her and getting very excited about it."