Buckle Up Your Pups!
Clickit Utility was designed specifically to keep your doggie passengers in their seats at all times, even in an accident. If your dog is secured to his or her seat then they are not hanging out off the window, climbing on passengers, distracting the driver, or thrown dangerously up front in the case of a sudden stop or accident.
Safe and Secured
The unique patent pending harness design is similar in concept to the three-point seat belt required in all vehicles. The wide webbed harness structure and padded vest evenly distribute forces across a dog’s chest to lessen the chance of injury during an impact, while side straps reduce lateral movement by anchoring the lower end of the dog in place.
Sleepypod Tests for Safety
Clickit Utility was put through stringent safety tests that included dynamic crash testing and static tensile testing of all critical safety components including hardware, webbing and stitching.
Clickit Utility was tested using the FMVSS-213 30 mph crash test that is used to test child safety restraints. It earned Top Performer in the Center for Pet Safety’s 2013 Safety Harness Study.
Watch the Video
- Your car must have the baby seat LATCH/ ISO fix anchor system to use Utility. All cars manufactured and sold for use in the USA after 2003 have the LATCH system installed.
- Clickit Utility must have both side straps attached from the baby seat LATCH/Isofix system to both metal rings on either side of the harness to properly restrain a pet in an accident!
- Clickit Utility has been crash tested up to 75lbs (35kg).
- Clickit Utility sizes range from 31 – 60in (75 – 150cm).
- Clickit Utility must be measured according to Sleepypod’s measuring instructions
Be attentive to the harness side strap hooks so your pet does not step on them and accidentally pinch its toes!
Always hide Clickit Utility side strap hooks in the seat cushion gap when the hooks are not attached to the harness.
Clickit Utility’s Measuring Instructions
- 3 point connections
- Provides lower torso control
- Provides rotational and lateral control
- Wide supportive vest distributes and disperses damaging forces
- Automotive grade seatbelt webbing
- Forged high carbon steel hardware
- Ballistic nylon exterior construction
- Neoprene impact absorbing interior
- Top performer in 2013 Center For Pet Safety harness study
- Ability to lie down comfortably
Clickit Utility in the Media
More effective than others!
” Independent crash tests have shown it to be significantly more effective than other harnesses.”
– The Wall Street Journal
”Only one aced all the tests”
”Only one brand, called the Sleepypod, kept a small, medium and large dummy dog in place.“
“Only one, the Clickit Utility Harness from Sleepypod, stood up to its stated safety claims”
“Cats are probably jealous when they’re not busy being indifferent.”
“The only restraint deemed to offer substantial protection to all passengers including the dog”