Sleepypod Air reduces in size to fit under the airline seat for takeoff and landing. Once the plane is in the air and the seat belt lights are turned off, Sleepypod Air can be expanded to allow your pet the full range of the carrier. Slide the trolley pocket on the back of the carrier onto the handle of rolling luggage for easier transportation.
Removable and machine-washable Ultra Plush bedding ensures a comfy napping cave or a cozy pet bed away from home.
Mesh panels on three sides provide ample airflow and visibility for the pet.
For added versatility, buckles on the front and back secure carrier using the seat belt in the rear seat of the vehicle, transforming Sleepypod Air into a crash tested car seat. Durable materials resist tearing and staining.
- * Compresses to suit a variety of space restrictions
- * Velcro closures secure lid opening for use as a pet bed home or cozy napping cave
- * Double zipper for top or side entry
- * Durable rip-stop mesh resists chewing and clawing
- * Mesh panels enable ample airflow and facilitate visibility on three sides
- * Folds flat for easy storage
- * Trolley pocket secures carrier onto telescopic luggage handle for convenient transport
- * Large zipper pockets on front and back for pet travel essentials
- * Removable Ultra Plush bedding is machine washable
- * Luggage grade exterior
- * Water repellent interior liner
- * Removable panel provides shade, privacy, and protection from air vents or weather
- * Safety tether eliminates quick pet escapes in public transit
- * Adjustable shoulder strap with comfort padding
- * Padded carry handle
- * Ergonomic zipper pulls
- * Included instruction card conveys dimensions for TSA or other airport/airline personnel
- * Compatible with optional Warmer Kit and Assisi Loop Lounge™ therapy pad for Sleepypod Air
Exterior dimensions (in inches): 22”L x 10.5”W x 10”H (reduces to 16”L x 10.5”W x 10”H)
Interior dimensions (in inches): 21”L x 10”W x 9.5”H
Carrier weight: 4.3 pounds
How can crash test pets keep humans safer when riding in cars?
Sleepypod Air crash test at U.S. Child Safety Seat Standard FMVSS 213
Sleepypod Air crash test at Canada Child Safety Seat Standard CMVSS 213
Sleepypod Air crash test at European Union Child Safety Seat Standard ECE R44
Sleepypod Air POV crash test
Certified and crash tested by the Center for Pet Safety
Is it suitable for airline travel?
Yes, Sleepypod Air is suitable for in-cabin use on most airlines. Since each airline and airplane is a little different, Sleepypod always recommends contacting the airline prior to travel, just to make sure all pet restrictions and requirements are met.
How do I reduce the size?
Sides fold up on either end while the top presses down. Please note that Sleepypod Air does not hold the reduced shape in a freestanding position. It is designed to release from the reduced size unless restricted by the space available so your pet can enjoy as much space as possible.
Can Sleepypod Air be used in the front seat?
Sleepypod recommends buckling your pet into the rear seat, just like you would a child under 95 pounds, to better ensure safety.
Can more than one pet use the carrier at a time?
Pets can share the carrier at home, but Sleepypod cannot recommend more than one pet per carrier during travel due to the number of variables involved. Please note that it might reduce safety.
When do I use the safety tether?
Sleepypod recommends using the safety tether only during public transit to keep your pet from escaping the carrier. The safety tether feature should not be used for car travel. Watch the Pet Travel Experts “How to Use a Safety Tether with a Pet Carrier” video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04hSN8GOkQ4
Is it necessary to replace your pet’s safety restraint after a car accident?
Just like a human seatbelt in a car accident, the material will stretch. Just a little bit of extra slack can reduce its effectiveness. Watch this Pet Travel Experts video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tS0LRNWwcc
Will Sleepypod replace my pet’s safety restraint after a car accident?
Yes, view the details of Sleepypod’s Crash Replacement Program at http://sleepypod.com/accident-replacement-program
Does the carrier have to be zipped closed all the way?
During car travel your pet should be fully enclosed to ensure safety.
How do I wash the exterior?
Wipe down the exterior with a damp cloth. Mild detergent can be used, if needed. Spot test in an inconspicuous location first.
How do I wash the liner?
Machine wash on gentle cycle in cold water. Hang to dry.
How do I wash the foam insert?
Wipe down with a damp cloth. If needed, hand wash in cold water with mild detergent. Hang to dry. Ensure foam has dried fully before continuing use.
What material is the exterior?
- Luggage grade ballistic nylon that is tear and stain resistant
- Polyester rip-stop mesh
- Metal zippers with rubber pulls
What material is the bedding?
Bedding is made of polyester and nylon plush
Center for Pet Safety "4 Star Safety Rating"
Dog Fancy "Editors’ Choice"
Fear Free Preferred Product
Modern Cat "Staff Pick"
Modern Dog "Staff Pick"
Pet Business "Industry Recognition Award"
TICA Seal of Excellence